APTAMIX ERP 8-STEP PROCESS
1. Business Analysis – Initially we will spend time systematically process-mapping your business, identifying double-entry of data on your existing system, and flagging any inefficiencies and system ‘pain points’. From this, we write the System Requirements documentation.
2. System Shortlisting – Using our extensive knowledge of the ERP market and our database of ERP vendors, we distribute the documentation to the providers who are most likely to have a solution. Using our purpose-built system we shortlist the providers, meeting each one individually and going through your specific requirements with them. During this process we collect indicative pricing, which we review with you to finalise a budget for the system – this is based on Total Cost of Ownership over a set time period (normally 10 years). With consideration to your budget and requirements, we put forward a select few to demonstrate.
3. Demonstration – We work with the providers to give three easily-comparable demonstrations to your key personnel. At this stage, we are confident that all providers we put forward will be able to deliver the project successfully, so you save time by only comparing and trialling relevant software.
4. Project Management – Once you have purchased the software, we manage the entire project for you. We communicate directly with your staff to organise meetings, and report to management on a weekly basis. We keep the project under control for budget and timescales. Beginning with system preparation, we work closely with the provider to ensure the system is configured exactly as per the proposed processes defined in Stage One. Once the system is ready, we check through all processes with relevant members of your staff.
5. Go-Live Preparation – We go to the next level of detail when making those small tweaks that make all the difference to the system’s efficiency and usability. Finally, we also write a client-specific User Manual for all your processes within the system.
6. Training – We work with the providers to train your staff in how to use the new system, by means of a test database containing your actual data. We don’t believe in ‘Death by PowerPoint’ – we carry out all the training sessions ourselves. This can be either one-to-one, or using “Train-the-Trainer” methodology (where we train one or two people per department and they pass on the new skills to others). In any case we always aim to produce a User Manual that will give concise instructions on how to operate the new system.
7. Go-Live – we don’t leave you at Go-Live; we work on-site for a period of time, so we are always readily available if any issues occur.
8. Review – ERP is never over at Go-Live. We believe that to get all the benefits out of a fully-integrated ERP system, you should revisit it every 3 months for at least a year. Since we have already built your new processes, it’s easy for us to come back every 3 months to review how they are working and identify any improvements and tweaks that need to be made – and then get these actioned cost-effectively.